You can think of countless reasons why you really want a swimming pool and probably one reason why you don’t. We get it. The thought of doing extra work doesn’t excite us either.
However, owning a pool today isn’t like it used to be. Really. Almost everything on a pool can be automated; including the maintenance and chemical distribution.
At Outdoor Elements, we love making pools safer, more efficient, and virtually maintenance-free. With three of our favorite pool maintenance automation products, it’s possible to have a pool that essentially cleans and takes care of itself – leaving you to simply enjoy.
In-floor cleaning system
Yes, you can have a pool that cleans itself! It’s easy. Install an automatic in-floor cleaning system by Paramount when you build your pool. We love Paramount’s products for their reliability and functionality and are proud to install them for our customers who want to simplify their lives.
Does it really work? How?
Powerful pop-up cleaning jets are placed in floors, walls, steps, benches and even spas to clean the entire pool. These cleaning jets work together to sweep debris toward a collection zone. This zone, stretching across the deepest part of the pool, exerts a constant flow in the direction of the removal drain. The drain is then removed from the pool with the debris inside.
The cleaner is custom-designed for each unique pool shape. Paramount guarantees that it will clean 99% of the pool.
Paramount PV2000 by Paramount
Paramount’s in-floor system also improves the circulation in pools by evenly distributing water. Ordinary pools circulate water near the surface where chemicals and heat are quickly lost into the atmosphere. This wastes chemicals, heat-energy and can create algae-prone areas due to poor circulation. They are so effective that they have been independently certified to save up to 30% on chemicals and energy for the life of your pool.
Why Choose an In-Floor Cleaning System?
- Automatic – You don’t have to remember to clean the pool or manually run a vacuum
- No equipment – This is installed inside the pool so there are no hoses or cords cluttering the pool area
- Improved water circulation – While moving debris around the pool using pop-up jets, it also circulates the water, ensuring even temperature and chemical distribution
- Virtually invisible. Since an in-floor pool system employs jets that are flush with the pool surface, they are hardly visible
AUTOMATED POOL WATER CHEMISTRY CONTROL
Perhaps the most important aspect of owning a pool is keeping the water safe for swimmers. Balancing the pH, chlorine, and sanitizer can be daunting, confusing, and even cause harm if not done properly.
So that no pool owner has to be responsible for such an important job, we recommend Pentair’s IntelliChem® Water Chemistry Controller to automatically monitor the pool’s pH and sanitizer levels and deliver just the right amount of chemicals—all without anyone having to handle harsh chemicals.
Pentair Water IntelliChem
Why choose an automatic chemistry control system?
- Assures safe water conditions by preventing excess chemical addition
- Programmable chemical feed cycle and mix times for precise water balance
- Built-in Langelier Saturation Index calculator lets you know if your water is in balance
- Minimizes chemical costs by adding chemicals with precision
- Flow sensor ensures chemicals won’t feed without system flow
- Password-protected access prevents tampering or accidental program change
Ultraviolet Light – the final piece to making maintenance easier
Adding ultraviolet (UV) light to your new pool is an easy way to cut down on maintenance time and save money. In addition to making pools safer by neutralizing 99.9% of the icky bacteria that can make swimmers ill, UV can reduce chlorine usage by up to 50%.
UV disinfection was originally developed for drinking water purification plants. Using the same technology, Pentair’s BioShield® UV Disenfection Sanitizer emits a high-intensity ultraviolet light that destroys all types of microorganisms, including bacteria, algae, viruses, and even chemical by-products like chloramines.
Pentair BioShield UV Disinfection Sanitizer
What are the benefits of Pentair's BioShield® UV Disinfection Sanitizer?
- Neutralizes harmful bacteria and pathogens quickly
- Reduces chlorine usage by up to 50% to eliminate itchy skin, burning red eyes and chemical odors
- Energy-efficient, high-output UV lamps provide up to12,000 hours of continuous operation
- Easy to install in new pools
- Easy to maintain
- Low operating costs—uses about the same energy of a 60-W light bulb
These are just three products available that can make pool ownership more enjoyable and less time-consuming. Pool automation is a convenience that not only makes life with a pool easier; it also makes it safer and more cost-effective. Now that you know how easy it is to maintain a pool with the right products, give the team at Outdoor Elements a call and let us discuss the options with you. We will happily design a low-maintenance, beautiful pool for you to enjoy.