Project Manager - Swimming Pool, Landscape, Hardscape Construction
Under the direct supervision of the construction field manager, the project manager provides field support to the construction department. Project Manager deals with a diverse group of important external callers as well as internal contacts at all levels of the company. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload. Recommends changes in practices or procedures to assist in developing the company.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Oversee and supervise subcontractors from start to finish and ensure sufficient understanding of tasks and directives for subcontractors
• Document with photos and daily logs using CRM program
• Confirm all the construction and warranty work orders are complete in quality and time
• Collect all payments due on time for each job phase according to policies, procedures and contracts
• Report and complete punch list and close-out on projects
• Assess the need for change-orders and notify sales of any necessary to complete the job
• Collaborate with sales team on issues and fixes on jobsite where needed
• Attend at all construction and company meetings
• Bring all projects in on budget, in scope, and on time
• Direct compliance and accountability to department core process
Qualifications and Skills
• Must have strong organizational and communication skills
• Must have a hands-on approach to ALL problems and issues that will arise during construction
• Must be willing to work occasional extra hours when necessary including some Saturdays
• Must have the ability to work independently, as well as with a team
• Must be detail-oriented
• Must be able to lead people and gain their respect
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and be computer literate
• Education: high school diploma required + some specialized job skills with two years of college or specialized training in the construction industry preferred
• The ability to effectively and professionally communicate with clients and vendors
• On occasion, this position will require some climbing, balancing, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and from time to time performing physical labor
• Visual acuity is needed to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned and to make general observations of facilities or structures
• Work is in an outdoor environmental condition, with no protection from the weather
• There are occasions of being subjected to temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour
Compensation and Benefits
How to apply
Why work at Outdoor Elements?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance to full-time employees after you have been with us for just 90 days.
Outdoor Elements offers paid sick days, paid time off and a vacation plan that works on an accrual basis.
We enjoy our jobs and love helping our customers. Work should be a place where employees can grow, challenge themselves and learn; all in a pleasant space.