Project Estimator - landscape, pool, hardscape
We are seeking an experienced construction estimator to join our growing team. Estimator will be responsible for preparing accurate bids for outdoor construction projects including pools, outdoor amenities and landscape. As an estimator, the ideal candidate will come with over three (3) years’ estimating experience, and preferably, but not required, a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering, construction management, or a similar field. In lieu of a professional degree, alternative certifications and training related to the field or proven competency will suffice.
You will join a growing and dynamic sales team. The position would require 90-95% in-office time and potentially 5-10% travel time.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Seek bid opportunities through various bid portals
• Prepare cost estimates and proposals requested by the sales team
• Understand technical drawings and requirements/regulations and construction processes and code requirements
• Track and ensure timely and accurate information notating differences between estimated cost and actual cost for future accuracy
• Maintain knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications or taking online courses
• Present analytical data to upper management/construction team
• Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
• Estimator Skills & Qualifications:
Qualifications and Skills
• Estimating software fluency
• Microsoft Excel fluency
• Excellent writing skills
• Thorough knowledge of construction best-practices
• Contract review
• Accuracy and profitability
• Ability to report research results in a clear manner
• Requirements analysis
• Analytical and math prowess
• Critical thinking skills
Compensation and Benefits
How to apply
Why work at Outdoor Elements?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance to full-time employees after you have been with us for just 90 days.
Outdoor Elements offers paid sick days, paid time off and a vacation plan that works on an accrual basis.
We enjoy our jobs and love helping our customers. Work should be a place where employees can grow, challenge themselves and learn; all in a pleasant space.