Construction Field Assistant
Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload. Physical labor is also a requirement of the job and knowledge of how to use tools and forklift are necessary.
Bilingual is a plus and is preferred.
This job operates in a professional field environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role also includes routine use of equipment such as trucks, forklifts, and pallet jacks.
This is a 40 hour per week full-time position. Days and hours of work are at minimum Monday through Friday. Changes in work hours will be at sole discretion of direct supervisor. Position is based on completion of work, not hours worked. Some weekend and after-hours work are required pending season and job status.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Keep warehouse organized
• To-do lists will be given on a daily basis for tasks to be completed
• Document with photos and provide detailed information to project managers, as needed
• Will help with any and all tasks associated with completing all residential and commercial jobs
• Effectively and professionally communicate with clients and vendors
• On occasion, this position will require some climbing, balancing, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and from time to time performing physical labor
• Visual acuity is needed to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned and to make general observations of facilities or structures
• Projects are completed in an outdoor environment, with no protection from the weather
• There are occasions of being subjected to temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour
• Direct compliance and accountability to department core process
• Follow all safety policies and procedures
Qualifications and Skills
• must be able to plan and prioritize workload
• knowledge of general construction procedures
• experience working with tools
• ability to drive a forklift or to learn how
• must be able to perform physical labor outdoors that includes lifting, squatting, and using a variety of tools used to construct swimming pools, outdoor living areas and similar projects
• technical capacity
• personal effectiveness/credibility
• collaboration skills
• communication proficiency
Compensation and Benefits
How to apply
Why work at Outdoor Elements?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance to full-time employees after you have been with us for just 90 days.
Outdoor Elements offers paid sick days, paid time off and a vacation plan that works on an accrual basis.
We enjoy our jobs and love helping our customers. Work should be a place where employees can grow, challenge themselves and learn; all in a pleasant space.